Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smells Good But...


24 March 2011 – I’ve passed this little eating place on the same level as Carrefour in Tropicana City Mall quite often and always wondered if the crowds meant the food was good.
We finally tried it today. I had the assam laksa, which smelt deliciously rich and pungent with herbs. I thought it was quite good until I ate clearly soured pineapple in the mix, not once, but repeatedly. Gross. 
Assam laksa with rancid pineapple: a house specialty or was it just for me?

Tapioca kuih.

Nasi pulut with chicken curry. How many boxes like these do they throw away a day?? Eco-sabotuers!

Kit said his roti jala was quite good, although eating it from a plastic box was not the best way to enjoy it. The tapioca kuih was so-so. Kit thought it was too firm, but I liked the balance of sugar in the brown coconut topping. But all in all, I don’t think we will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment