Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chocolate Attack


Chocolate, meet chocolate!
Two dark, two fair. I'd say this was a balanced diet!
I’ve been craving chocolate for some reason. I’ve never been a chocolate-ice cream type of gal, but when I walked into Iscream at Tropicana City Mall, I went for a cocoa-centric selection. One thing I’ve found out is when you want to gauge the quality of ingredients of a dessert dish, ask for something chocolate. A velvety mouth feel means they use imported chocolate, an oily, unpleasant, coat-the-mouth with a gunky sensation means they use palm oil based chocolate.
Options at Iscream

And since I spent my first part of the visit spitting out the tiny chocolate chips onto a napkin, you can guess what kind of chocolate Iscream uses!
The other side of the freezer


At the end of the day, it's all abut looks!
Still, it was not all bad. The non-chocolate flavours (actually, even the chocolate flavours with no chips) were pleasant and they definitely are a taste above the palm oil-milk solids ice confection which passes off as ice cream in Malaysian FMCG freezers these days!

IScream
G-11,Ground Floor
Tropicana City Mall
No. 3, Jalan SS 20/27, 47400 Petaling Jaya. Selangor

No comments:

Post a Comment