Saturday, April 9, 2011

Friday's With Teck


One of the best things that has come out of consulting with Expomal International Sdn Bhd is the friendships I have built with the team there, as well as members of the creative agency they use. 

Yap Seng Teck used to work for that company, but he has recently left. However, I just won’t let him drop off my radar. He is an amazingly talent graphic designer, with a real eye for both the whimsical and the chic, and I have always been in awe of his abilities. He is also the man responsible for the lovely wedding invitations, mass booklet cover and table top decorations for my 2006 wedding. Friends still keep the invites! 

I called him out to lunch at Friday’s, Subang Parade to ask him about working for Write Pix Unlimited on a project basis. While we spoke, we also ate. I have to say the meal was much better for the presence of this great guy! 
Chicken sandwich.

Teck is one of the most talented designers I've ever worked with. He's also cheaper to feed than I am!
Fish and chips. Loved the gherkin and tartare sauce!

Chicken salad with mandarin oranges and cranberries, with bleu cheese.

The undrinkable slush.

He opted for the chicken sandwich – being the healthy eater he is. I went for the chicken salad, while Kit had the fish and chips and the apple slushie which was the worst thing on our bill today. The ice was so coarse, and the flavouring so synthetic that it is one of the few things I can remember the easy-going Kit not wanting to finish. Truly, our Phillips blender can make frappes ten times as good, at a fraction of the cost. Which is why I never drink anything but water when I dine out. 

By the way, if anyone needs a great designer, Teck is still on the job market. He is a real steal, so do drop me a line if you think your ad agency or design house needs some talent infusion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment