Monday, April 11, 2011

Good N Plenty



9 April 2011 – Shyet-Li’s Kopitiam is a great place to eat if you’re in Section 14, PJ. It’s a cozy place, with enough traditional bric-a-brac to make it look whimsical and welcoming, and some really tummy-warming food. 

Yee mee in claypot.

Curry mee.


I had a good dinner experience there with the WAP team, and brought Kit to try the food. I tried really hard to control myself, so did not order the rojak or gado gado. I got the roti jala for us to share and the curry mee for Kit, and the Cantonese fried yee mee for myself. Kit was quite satisfied with his RM8.90 dish, and I loved the perfectly salted, hearty claypot noodles which was RM9.50. Both of us agreed the roti jala was good, but the curry had too much curry powder in it, reminding me of the curry mee I used to eat in my primary school canteen, which always was more curry powder than true, good broth. 

Still, it has its own Wi-Fi network, and the service is efficient, so I can forgive them this little lapse of good taste.

Shyet-Li’s Kopitiam
Lot PG-16 Ground Floor
Jaya 33
Lot 33 No 3 Jalan Semangat
Section 13 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

No comments:

Post a Comment