Friday, April 8, 2011

Home On The Range


25 February 2011 – Another home-cooked meal tonight. With another Sharon for a guest. Sharon Lee this time. Yet another old friend who values relationship over menu, but who nevertheless is always mostly complimentary about the spread. 

Not pretty, but the flavour was good.

My contribution to dinner was tom yam soup. I have to say these ready-made cubes and sauces really have nailed the elements down. I used two instead of one Knorr tom yam cube to achieve the flavour I wanted, but apart from an onion on my part, all the spicing was already done. 

Egg-wrapped risotto.

Kit made risotto, which somehow I never learnt to like. Which is weird because I love porridge and oatmeal, and risotto shares the same gluey, tacky texture. I’ve had some super ones too, by some Michelin-starred chefs as well, but somehow it just does not do it for me. 
Cereal prawns.

Kit also made a great batch of cereal prawns, from my instant mix. That was really yummy and it helps mask the flaccidness of prawns which have been frozen for some time.
There was also lemon fish, which was really yummy, since it was deep-fried then slathered with Kit’s special sauce. 
Lemon fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment