Saturday, April 9, 2011

At Her Station Keeping


I had a greediguts days at Kluang Station at IPC (formerly and still better known as Ikano Power Center). I ordered a variety of items, justifying that I needed to try a length and breadth of the menu in order to write a better food report. 


Overall I have to say that I really like the food. I liked their half boiled eggs, and I loved how they are served with an empty glass. Patrons are expected to drink their eggs (a spoon is given for the more genteel) out of them, just like the old days. Their toast is also good, with kaya superseding that of Killiney and Old Town White Coffee. 
Drink your eggs.
A toast to their kaya!


I also like how they have an egg menu, which presents different dishes which are either complemented or made special by the addition of eggs. I ordered the egg porridge, and apart from lashes of thick sliced ginger strips, I thought it was a very wholesome, tasty offering. 

The egg was done just right in the porridge.
Roti jala and chicken curry.


Kit had roti jala and said the curry was very good. The major letdown was the laksa. I don’t know which state they claim to get the recipe from, but it was awful. There was no taste, just a sensation of chilli hotness which had no other carrier flavour to ride on. It was possibly the worst laksa I’ve eaten in any of these modern kopitiams! 
The laksa was the biggest loser!


Service, however, was good, with the Myanmar staff being very efficient, especially at bill keeping. I can see why it enjoys such patronage. I would probably return too! But no laksa!

No comments:

Post a Comment