Saturday, April 9, 2011

Asia Tak Boleh


25 March 2011 – Dad took us to this big food court in Subang opposite Inti University College. I was excited, since the number of stalls promised lots of things to try. Unfortunately a lot of the stalls don’t open in the day, so there was a lot less to choose from. Still, the selection still looked good. We sat at the Asia Cafe section.

Uncle Bob's fried chicken.

Large lemon and sour plum drink.
Dad had tried the fried chicken before and ordered portions of Uncle Bob’s chicken for us. It was okay, but I think I prefer my chicken in pieces, and not served following the current trend of flat, Shilin-Street, Taiwanese styled fried chook. 

My lemon and sour plum drink helped cut the grease of this dish, but nothing could save the spicy Shanghainese noodles. It had just one element – hot. The burning, uncomfortable, tickling heat from dried red chillies with nothing in the mix to help temper or elevate the taste. I refused to finish it about half way in. I was not inclined to develop a stomach ulcer eating something which gave no satisfaction in the least! 
Fried Chinese dumpling.

Inedible spicy Shanghainese la mian.

Steamed dumplings.


Luckily the other dumplings were better. They weren’t as good as say, Dragon-I, but at least they were palatable. 

Still, I think I’ll give this stall a miss the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment