Thursday, April 7, 2011

Go Fish!


I’m so glad Kit does not mind making more labor intensive meals even if it is only for two people. I really like fish and chips, but never seem to get good ones in Malaysia.

The worst kind is the sort which uses slabs of fish cake-like stuff and breads it to look like a fillet. Ugh! The other bad kind uses really cheap fish, making it reek of ammonia when cut open. As such, I mourn the lovely times in New Zealand where ever fish and chips shop is a decent one, using real fish and serving hot, fat chips and not French fries.
Kit's version of fish and chips.

With Kit in my life (and our kitchen), I have same recourse to decent fish and chips. I buy frozen Dory of sutchi fillet and he breads them. I have suddenly developed partiality to golden breadcrumbs, after years of disliking it. As such, he uses golden breadcrumbs for our version of fish and chips. It’s ridiculously cost-effective too, doing this at home, as long as one has a husband who does not mind frying stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment