Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Best Ever!


I did not have many yee sangs this year, but I must say the overall quality has improved, although costs went sky high.

My first was at Sheraton Imperial with old contact, Cindy Yoong and the really sweet Evelyn Koh. My dad did a homemade one, but unfortunately it was served for dinner the day we had the Celestial Court one and thus it really suffered in comparison.

I bought one horribly overpriced one from Eagle’s Nest at KGNS. It was just under RM100 and there was perhaps five pieces of salmon in it. That was the death knell to my patronage of this outlet and I believe it may have closed down since.

Joanne from Sumo restaurant in USJ Subang made one to order for me to celebrate with the Expomal team as we bid farewell to Art Director Yap Seng Teck of Artisense Creative. As usual, Joanne ensures quality and freshness, so this yee sang was worth it!


Sumo's yee sang presentation.
Sumo Japanese Restaurant
48 Jalan USJ 9/5P, Subang Business Centre
Subang Jaya, 47620 Selangor.
Tel: +603 80231163
Business hours: Tues to Sun; 11.30am to 3pm (lunch), 5.30pm to 10pm (dinner).
Closed on Mon.


 The best ever yee sang this year came from Hotel Armada. Chef Chew Teik Chye designed a Japanese yee sang, with tempura crisps, seaweed, wafu, miso sauce and all elements Japanese. His sauce was a mixture of his own making. The result was amazing. Light, scrumptious, not overly cloying from the usual plum sauce and oil dressing. We went back three times for it that season!


Purity and simplicity.
Sauced up.

No comments:

Post a Comment