Saturday, April 9, 2011

All Caked Up


5 March 2011 – Kit and I caught up with Yazrul today. Yaz is my oldest friend. I never get tired telling the story of how he knew me even before I was born, since his parents and mine were very close and visited each other often, and he witnessed my mother’s pregnancy through the visits. 

I’d had lunch, but I enjoy spending time with my buddy from Klang. We don’t get to see each other as much as we used to. When I was in college, he’d meet me nearly one in two weeks to catch a movie or have lunch.  Now he is with the Central Bank, and I juggle motherhood and business-running, so our times are a little misaligned. 
Yazrul is a great baker and cook, so his food standards are high.

Curry laksa which could definitely use a touch up!
I love how perfectly complete this looks!

Strawberry marshmallow cake.
 
So while he had a late lunch of curry laksa, Kit and I shared some of Secret Recipe’s cakes. Their food may fluctuate in standards, but their cakes have remained consistent, at least. We enjoyed the strawberry marshmallow and chocolate cake, together with our catch-up chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment