Sunday, January 15, 2012

Unjust Desserts

If this was Walls' Selection, I'd just as soon settle for their ice lollies, thank you very much! This pathetic excuse of a supposedly more premium level of ice cream (no, excuse me, ice CONFECTION) was possibly the worse waste of dessert money I have ever spent.

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways: the texture was like nothing in the freezer section. It was not fit to be even in the same counter as ice confection. It felt like mushed up, dried pound cake which was hydrated by some oily soya bean milk. It was cakey and dry, and just felt wrong in the mouth with its crumbly feel.

This rated YUCK on the scale.

The description of the pack was pretty terrible as well: chocolate flavoured ice confection with chocolate flavoured truffles and chocolate flavoured syrup. All FLAVOUR. There was nothing natural in the whole package. Eating it was like having a hit from a bong. You feel something at the moment of inhalation, then it is gone, poof, like it never was, and you can't really recall what it was that you just inhaled, or in this case, ate.

At RM10.90, on special, it was a lesson well-learnt. If I want real ice cream, I won't be finding it from a Malaysian or Thai-made source.

No comments:

Post a Comment