Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Seoul Food

I find Korean barbecue a lot more civilised than the Western kind. For one, the meats are mostly filleted, making for easier eating. And if you have it buffet style, there's loads of different things you can try. Hence, flushed from the success of finally collecting payment from a very difficult client, Kit accompanied me to the Seoul Garden barbecue buffet in IOI Mall.
My kind of buffet!
C'mon baby, light my fire!
While I like the general concept, I did not like the way they fleece diners on the price. The sign claims one price for a buffet meal. BUT when you pay, there is another instant charge for free flow drinks! RM7.98 for two of us. Surely a meal also includes drinks? It was a good thing I did not come for the steam boat or they may have tried to fleece me for the soup to cook the raw food in!

Since my last visit, I found the selection of meats reduced. No trace of lamb, hardly any beef selection. It was chicken all the way. Chicken in bulgogi, chicken in soy, chicken in kimchi, chicken in coffee. Thankfully, they were all generally good eating!
Chicken all the way through!
Protein loading!
The selection of sauces was nice, and it was fun to make your own marinade and dips. I also liked the shaved ice and the choice of condiments for ice kacang. The sugar syrup deserves an honourable mention!

Lunch for two adults, plus the fleecing of drinks was RM71.60.

Seoul Garden
EG9 IOI Mall, Puchong
Jalan Batu 9
Puchong, Selangor
Tel: +603 8076 8726.

No comments:

Post a Comment