Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Noodle Lunch

Gone are the days when Chinese coffeeshops and eating places closed for a week or more for the Lunar New Year. I still remember as a kid, having to eat Indian food or Malay rice and dishes or fast food if we were dining out during the week of Chinese New Year. Times and perhaps economic prosperity (or the lack of), have sure changed. On the third day of Chinese New Year, the coffee shops are already open. I guess it is natural, since the stalls are run by foreign workers!

Still, the taste was still good, and it was nice to be able to chat to my usual Myanmar noodle chef! I had my regular claypot pan mee, which was, as always, hot, hearty and satisfying. Kit had the dry noodles, with an accompanying bowl of soup and meat. At RM9.50 for both, it was by far our cheapest CNY meal!

My steamy affair.
Saucy noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment