Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stay Country!

I have been having some bad meals in the name of food reporting! Normally, I tend to re-order dishes I like, but this time, because I was dining alone (well, sort of, because it was with a new business associate) and couldn't suggest my dining partners and I share dishes, I had to be the guinea pig myself.
The promise.
What was delivered.

And so I ordered the Dynasty Chicken meal from Kenny Rogers. It is their Chinese New Year promotion, and it is supposed to be marinaded in citrus, herbs and spices and topped with a spicy, sweet sour sauce with pineapple chinks. Well, for starters, the chicken was over done. I also got the wing, which i really don't enjoy in a roast, so that was already a black mark. I found a yucky disharmony in the sauce. Some tastes just do not meld, and the sweet and sour sauce laced with a lot of black pepper (which I am not a fan of), was jarring.

Of my three side dishes, the mashed potato was the worst I have had of all the reconstituted, freeze-dried mashed potatoes I have had in any fast food outlet. The pasta salad was passable, if a little underseasoned, while the potato salad spuds could have been a little more cooked. I guess I should be glad the orange muffin was pretty good! For the RM20.75 cost of my meal, I think I can do better eating local.

No comments:

Post a Comment