Monday, January 9, 2012

My Kind Of Poppycock!

The expression 'poppycock' is similar to the equally English 'bladderdash', both meaning 'a load of crap'. So I wonder why the American manufacturers of this original gourmet popcorn choose this for a brand name?Maybe because of its (lack) of nutritional content?

Whatever it is, Poppycock is still one of the most indulgent snacks. I like how they pun "It's our amazing glaze" as the secret behind this toothache inducing treat which features clusters of popcorn and nuts. The original version uses almonds, but there are other variants, including this cashew one which my dear friend Eileen Chew gave me for Christmas.

Despite how sweet it is, it certainly has a place in the decadent snack category, but like all things, moderation is key.

1 comment:

  1. Bladderdash? Is that when the bladder is full and you have to dash to the loo?

    ReplyDelete