Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Filipino Feasting

My time in Singapore was made extra-special by the company of my granduncle, John Shaw. He's already 80, and has had a pacemaker installed, but he is such a peaceful, joyful man, and still so open to new things and experiences. He gamely accompanied me on my meals, enjoying the whole range of things, from a Pepper Lunch, right down to this great meal of Filipino food at Lucky Plaza.

As usual, with great company, I forget to take notes. As such, I have no recollection of the name of the restaurant, but I know it's the one with the glass display case in the front, and possibly the most up-market looking of the other, rather shabby eating shops.

Food was great, though some of it took a while to come.
The Filipino national dessert, Halo Halo. Yum! Better than Malaysia's ice kacang!
Sisig is made from the meat from the head of a pig, as well as the ears. Everything is minced up finely, tossed with spices and chillies, and served sizzling.
Pork and crackling, as only the Filipinos do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment