Friday, February 3, 2012

Successful steak out

I have written most about Kelab Golf Negara Subang's Golfers' Terrace, of all the places I frequent. After all, what's not to like? The servers know me, they are prompt, friendly and attentive; the food nis really very well-priced, the selections pretty extensive on the local front, and most of all, it's easy to get to, with free parking.

However, I have generally eaten more from the local selection than the Western one. this time around however, a friend ordered grilled lamb chops and I tried the sirloin steak. I was quite surprised to find both quite appealing and well made. The lamb chops were RM16 and there were three large chops, all quite tender, if a little fatty. The steak was surprisingly tender (or well-tenderized!) and pretty flavourful, although the sauce was definitely pre-made. Accompanying the steak was some broccoli, carrots, salad leaves and fries. Not too bad for RM25.
Not a bad bit of beef!
 I also tried the cucur udang, which is a flour cake with bits of julienned veggies and some prawns and onions, shaped into a cake and fried. They were surprisingly good - very hearty and filling, and very satisfyingly crunchy. No wonder so many people order it! My small portion cost RM8.
Knobbly delights.
Kit had the mee rebus, which is a Thursday special. At RM4.50, it demonstrates how competitively priced food at the club is.
Thursday's special: mee rebus.
The sausages and anchovies were a let down. The anchovies were too salty, and there was not enough of sweetness from the onions to balance the flavours. Also, the sausages were sliced too thinly, and were flaccid from the flames, making them rubbery and yucky to eat. Much of this RM5 snack was left behind.

This was a poor call! No more sausages and anchovies for me!
Lunch was finished with an ABC for Kit. It's always nice to look at a pile of coloured, shaved ice, even if I am not the one eating it!
Just desserts for RM2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment