Friday, February 24, 2012

Coffee Dreamers (Highly Starred Coffee)

I recently interviewed a really nice guy. The General Manager of The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur, Kamaruddin Baharin was completely 180 degrees from what I expected a local hotelier of a local hotel chain to be. In fact, he has had such an interesting life, and he certainly does more in his free time than most other expat GMs I know.

I got to know him as a person after the formal interview, when he bought me a drink at the hotel's own specialty  coffee cafe, Coffee Dreamers. As the name suggests, Coffee Dreamers brings together elements of good coffees, and mixes them up into dreamy creations. I had an ice blended drink called Fantasy, and it really was a good drink.

A Fantasy come true!
The coffee was a full bodied blend, with very nice caramel undertones. It was blended with cookies and frappe powder, swirled through with a chocolate sauce ribbon and topped with whipped cream. It had a gorgeous sense of completeness about it: akin to a real meal, and I was very glad that this was a Malaysian creation. At RM13.90, it is on par with Starbucks and the other gourmet coffees, and I dare say I would choose Malaysian over Big Green if push came to shove the next time around!

Coffee Dreamers
Lobby, The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur
17-21 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2143 9898

No comments:

Post a Comment