Friday, February 10, 2012

Restoran CS

Last port in a storm, methinks!

This eating shop has the same initials as our poodle, and being smack bang in our turf, I thought we'd be eating here a lot. In fact, my sister-in-law mentioned that the packet nasi lemak was very good here. However, after a few tries, which invariably left me smelling of grease, I was not too hot on the place.
Good thosai could have been great with better curries.

Kit and I had a quick lunch there yesterday and we both decided we will only return if there truly was nothing better in the fridge. The roti canai was passable, but the deal breaker were the watery dhal and very insipid fish curry. The coconut chutney which came with the thosai was also lacking in structure and texture. A waste, since the thosai was pretty good, with a nice, sharp flavour.
The packet nasi lemak failed to impress.

I also had a packet of nasi lemak, but the finding of a big chunk of old ginger as soon as I unwrapped the package was a big turn off. I found the sambal a bit too spicy and the rice a little dry too, which may have been caused by the packets sitting there since breakfast. The hard boiled egg I cracked and had with the rice gave me severe flatulence (too much information?), and probably was boiled up at the crack of dawn.
Seedy ice lemon tea.

The teh ais limau (ice lemon tea) was not bad, but there were way too many seeds in it. All in all the bill came up to RM7.90. Cheapish, but not worth it, especially when we have tasted better at KGNS. And come out smelling like ourselves instead of a deep-fat fryer!


Restoran CS
Jalan SS4C/5
Taman Rasa Sayang
Kelana Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment