Sunday, February 5, 2012

Marks & Spencer's Ginger Snaps

The best of British High Street.

When it comes to ginger biscuits, I think the Brits have it down to an art. And the best commercially produced ginger snaps, in my opinion, come from two UK companies - Tesco and Marks & Spencer.
Good bite and crumb.

I got this roll from my god-daughter, Michelle, as part of the most untraditional, most delicious, most caloric CNY gift bag I have received. These ginger snaps are perfectly balanced between the heat of ginger and the sweetness of molasses. They are not as 'snappy' or easy to break as other versions, but the thickness of the biscuit means that the flavours are more intense. Satiation is also more easily achieved. My sweet tooth is happy with just one, after a meal, but the biscuits can also be addictive, dunked in a hot drink or just chain-nibbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment