Friday, August 12, 2011

Station Stop


I think Kluang Station in IPC (formerly Ikano) makes the best bread and toast around. I used to be baffled by my good friend Jenny Tan (she’s Singaporean and she is STILL a good friend, thank you very much!) who would always insist on meeting me at one of these toasted bread kiosks, and proceed to slurp down half boiled eggs and Milo. 

Time proves that skinny chicks CAN be right after all, and I have developed a great liking for half boiled eggs. It must be the soy sauce! 

I’ve eaten at Kluang Station a few times and I like how they make their eggs and toast there. I have a helping of half boiled eggs on toast, and another of kaya toast, and have to say it is good.  Simple.  Uncluttered. Parsed down, but with some skill yet involved. 
Perfect eggs on perfectly golden toast!


Buttery kaya toast.

The nasi lemak however was pretty bad. The rendang was stringy and the poppadum (and when did this Indian cracker make it to nasi lemak? I suppose the same time the salted egg did!) was undercooked and hard. 

The dish that knocked off chances of a three-for-three!

Oh well. I guess we should all stick to the things we do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment