Friday, August 12, 2011

Chinese Meat


I’ve recently had a slew of visitors who have come to KL via way of China. No little panda trinkets, for me, though! My brief to anyone visiting is that I want to try some interesting food. 

My cousin Ian returned from a missions trip and bought me this packet of meat. I was really surprised, upon feeling the vacuum sealed packet, to feel a bone. I thought it would be slices of goat. Not lamb. Goat. Mutton. 
Yeah, I know the packet looks awful, but it was carried in a backpack over many many miles!

What came out was this slightly obscene looking hunk of meat. It looked so red and raw but it’s actually precooked. The meat just fell off the bone. It was very tender, but it had a cloying after taste of Szechuan pink peppers, slightly fruity but metallic. Still, it was quite taste, and most of it was eaten up. 
My Chinese hunk!

The neighborhood strays were the happy recipients of that big bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment