Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cha Cha Cha again!


Chatime is becoming my comfort beverage. In a way I guess it could be a comfort food, seeing that I would not drink anything with no bits in them for oral satisfaction. 
 
I checked in with my favourite tea family at SS2 Mall (note, the mall is finally going to implement parking charges on September 1 with the fee being RM1 for the first three hours and RM1 for an hour thereafter), knowing this time I wanted a coffee. 

My friends know I am not a caffeine freak. My mind buzzes enough without additional chemical stimulation and coffee has been known to make me climb the walls. However, these few days have been fraught with mental hurdles and emotional skids. I don’t want to feel icky when I am on the roll and enjoying life, but the sick Scorpio blackness in me says that if I am in the dumps, I may as well be in the pit. Which is why I was drinking coffee at 2pm. 

Today’s poison was the Fairy Vanilla Latte with coffee jelly and pearls. Half sugar, half ice. With the add ons, it still is cheaper than a Starbucks coffee and at least I have a better idea of what I’m gonna get! 
Coffee with everything!

I have to say the Robusta was really good. Sharp, a bit acidic, but mellowed with the vanilla. Why people would call it Fairy Vanilla is odd to me. Say fairy and I think rude, demeaning slang for gays. Is Fairy Vanilla more delicate then French Vanilla? I dunno. But the coffee was good. All RM7.90 of it.  I’ll have to remind myself that I need full sugar for coffee beverages next time. 

The Hazelnut Chocolate Milk Tea with pudding was really a treat. It’s a grown up kids’ drinks. Velvety, luscious, with a lovely smoothness between beverage as well as the pudding. Cliché, but the proof really IS in the pudding! At RM5.90, it’s a better quality treat than the frozen crap they pass off as milkshakes in the big M. 
My Asian sensation! The Ice Plum Tea.

The Ice Plum Tea with coconut jelly and aloe vera was Asia in a cup. I love the mélange of flavours and how the blend of sweet and salty and sour just takes hold of your palate and gives it a big sloppy kiss. It’s surprising, unexpected, but so original and good! It’s the kind of clean, invigorating flavour you want on a scorcher of a day when alcohol is not on the cards. Add the slight bite of aloe, and the slipperiness of the coconut jelly and it’s just joy in a cup, especially after heavier drinks. I hazard this would hold up perfectly served with a big BBQ, or a greasy dinner of fried stuff with pals. 
Today's terrific trio!

I cashed in my free drink stamp on my loyalty card for the predictable Milk Tea with grass jelly for Kit. It’s not my thing to stick with one dish or drink, but in this case, I totally understand how a person can come to Chatime and only drink this top seller. The tea is so fresh and full bodied. It is perfectly voluptuous and the milk falls over it like Lady Godiva’s hair – a perfect stream of taste. The grass jelly is wobbly and gently seductive, with just enough quiver to slide effortlessly up the straw. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment