Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fro-Yuck


Style with no substance.

Even if these were comfy, I won't be coming back!




What was the secret ingredient? Cardboard?


The cone was the only saving grace.

Not everything Japanese is delicious. It was a terrible blow for me to find this out, since I truly love everything about their gastronomy - from the chic spartan beauty of a well-cut slice of otoro, to the uniform anality of a bento box, and the kitsch fun of Hello Kitty lollipops.

In the interest of food culture, I forced myself NOT to go to Chatime for a bit of the sweet life when I was in Sunway Pyramid recently. Instead, I persuaded myself that Japanese frozen yogurt was really what I wanted. It was easier, because the Kindori outlet had seating, while Chatime was its usual express counter to go manifestation.

So over I mooched to the deep pink counter. I should have known by the pathetic display of so called 'fresh fruit' that this was going to be a bad idea. Tip: if the freezer is very sparse and populated with more things from a can than real fruit from the vine, take a hike. I did not and lived to regret some thoroughly awful pumpkin ice cream and some watered down, cherry yogurt.


Truly, I never thought pumpkin could taste that awful and cardboard like in ice cream form! And the tartness of cherries just vanished in this awful excuse for a healthy treat. I cannot say enough bad things about the product, the service, the complete inability of the counter staff to sell their wares (or maybe the girl had tried the stuff before and was just holding her tongue) and the sheer waste of money this was. And it WAS pricey. Close to RM30 for a cone and a scoop in a cup!
Never again is a well-deserved verdict, even if the wafer was pretty good!




No comments:

Post a Comment