Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pork & Pizza


A visit by my soul sister, Jade, gave me another excuse to show off both Kit and our newish Rubine oven. Pizza is something most people are in disbelief about when I tell them that the pizzas are home-made, from scratch. It makes people feel really warm inside that someone would go to those lengths to make them a meal.
Anyone who knows my affection for Jade, knows to what lengths I will go for her. It’s the nature of love that the recipient never demands the gestures, but it is made by the giver in the truest form of giving. In this way, it stands to say that Kit loves me as much, since he’s never said no to my request for pizza parties. 

For Jade’s only dinner in Kuala Lumpur, I kept the guest list to people who know and love Jade and who also know each other. Nine people for pizza is good, though more would have been even better, though it would have been too many for good conversation. 

Kit rolled out what are now two of his signature creations. One was the wasabi mayonnaise with tiger prawns, the other is the spinach and mushroom. 
After I cleaned, plucked and stir fried two bunches of spinach to a mere handful, I went out to buy Emborg frozen spinach for this pizza! 

Green peppercorn salami with Kit's homemade BBQ sauce and basil.
Pepperoni. olives and red peppers on a herb tomato base.
We also had a rack of pork ribs, brought along by my dad. Happily, most of the rack was polished off, with the remaining one being a windfall to the poor strays outside. 
Dad's barbecued pork ribs. His secret to tender ribs is to boil the rack before it goes into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment