Saturday, October 1, 2011

Getting Moony


I don’t like mooncakes. I truly dislike the heaviness of the lotus paste normally used in this traditionally mid-autumn festival food, and I have chanced only a few which deserved a second piece. Hence, a good month after the festival, there are still mooncakes hidden in crevices around the house. 

Kit just junked half of a lotus paste one whose double egg yolks were scarfed and the remainder left to die a mouldy death. I managed to give six of the traditional lotus paste with one or two yolks away to a family friend who sang praises about the freshness and the quality of the product. (Genting chefs, take a bow!).
However, in the recesses of my freezer, I discovered this box of non-traditional mooncakes. Given by a wonderfully sweet neighbor, it has lain untouched and will probably remain so.

No comments:

Post a Comment