Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oodles Of Noodles


There was a new prawn mee stall at Ming Yang, the corner eating shop on the same row as My Pet Paradise Salon, where our three furries go for their care sessions. 
Prawn noodles with hefty slices of pork.

Kit is crazy for prawn mee (har mee) and rated the RM5 bowl ‘pretty good’. As are many of the stalls in this particular food joint, the prawn noodle stall is helmed by a Myanmar national. I’m not sure if he makes the prawn soup himself, or if he is just a lackey, but whatever it is, it tasted quite like the real thing. 
Curry mee, the way it should be done.

I had curry noodles from another stall and lapped up every drop. I like how there were lots of crunchy bean sprouts and long beans. Even the cockles (which I know a lot of people are horrified by), are served exactly the right way for this dish – nearly raw, to be slightly blanched in the boiling hot curry gravy. A large bowl is RM4.50, complete with very nice fried bean curd skin and bean curd puffs.
Having eaten from most of the stalls, I vouch for the place! 

Ming Yang: Jalan 1A/41B, Pusat Dagangan NZX, Ara Jaya 47301, PJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment