Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tokyo Drift


Finally, the sashimi moriawase captured!
After an interview with the MD of Unilever Foodsolutions Malaysia, Kit and I headed for lunch at Tokyo Tengu. This time I actually remembered to take photos of the sashimi platter.


Sukiyaki set with miso soup, chawanmushi, rice and watermelon cubes.
Today, unfortunately, the butterfish seemed a bit limp, while the tuna had muscle running through it. A bit offputting, but the sukiyaki made up for it. I like the way the set is served with fat cubes of watermelon instead of the usual triangles.

I also had the mixed salad, which was a tart and tangy mix of Japanese dressing, greens and finely sliced onions with cherry tomatoes.

The goma (black sesame) ice cream was rich and highly palatable, although not photogenic. I have to stress I did not forget to shoot it. It was just too blobby a thing for my limited point-n-shoot skills to make pretty. 
There's a dress code! Invitees, be warned!

Entrance arch to Tokyo Tengu.

No comments:

Post a Comment