Monday, November 8, 2010

Fro-yo part deux


I had to have something to wash down my less than satisfactory Kiku Zakura experience, so after I exited, I brought myself down to my new favourite frozen yogurt place. In the time between my first discovery of Tutti Frutti and now, I have since heard of multiple outlets, and even missed being bought some on my birthday, when my brother Chris, took his brood to the outlet in Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

I was very glad to see some new flavours on tap. While Death By Chocolate and the Original flavour was still on offer, there were four other variants I had not tried. I bypassed Blue Berrilicious because I was not in a particularly Huckleberry Hound state of mind. I got Strawberry Banana, Mango Delight and Vanilla.
Today's not so hot trio of vanilla, strawberry banana and mango.

I have to say, my first try was better. Maybe I’m not a big fruit flavour person, so that may explain Kit liking the mango more than I did. I guess I am also not a vanilla person, except for one particular aromatherapy scent I once used on my bedding. Still, I think TF’s vanilla tastes like a diet shake. And my being a greediguts, I have had more than my fair share of diet shakes! That makes the strawberry banana my default flavour of the visit, but it’s not one I want to have again. When you pay RM5.30 for 100 grams, you want each flavour to carry its own weight.

When I consider that in the United States, where TF is from, it costs 35 cents an ounce, I wonder if my love for fro-yo should just be kept in the same closet where languishes my love for Poppycock, Cheetos and salt and vinegar crisps – all items of pittance in the USA and UK, but exorbitant in Malaysia.

I wonder if I took a job at TF’s Tropicana City Mall, would I be able to polish off the yogurt which was left in the machines at the end of the day? After all, I bet I can look even more bored and blasé than the girl manning the stand today!

No comments:

Post a Comment