Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wat Happened To How It Used To Be?

I cannot let go of first loves. It's very hard for me to pretend affairs never happened. Not when I walk past this store front nearly every week and the servers smile and wave, then look very let down that I walk past, a little shame faced. I'm a loyalist. I keep my food friends close to my heart (and my cholesterol closer), but sometimes, one needs to be strong.

And yet, one cannot forget how it first was. And so, this is my tribute to the way it used to be at Watami Paradigm. (Cue Barbra Steisand's Memories)....

Is it my imagination, or did more people stop by before?
This lighting used to really inspire me. It backlit the dishes so well!
The Ceasar Salad with the fresh soft-boiled egg is about the only thing that remained constant by the time the love affair ended.
I liked the pizzas too, but I figured that if I wanted pizza, I'd eat Italian.
This was nothing like the putrid, stinking sashimi i got the last two visits I went to Watami. Wat-ta-hell is wrong with you guys?

The sushi used to be inspiring.
Appetizers were fun!
The stone bowl rice remains tasty, but why would I come to a Japanese restaurant for a Korean dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment