Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wallet Freeze

I'm all for 'you-get-what-you-pay-for' but this is a climate of 'do-you-really-need-to-eat-this?' and very few things make it on the Okay To Splurge list. Among them are good quality sashimi (great source of protein, and possible source of very, very bad food poisoning if it's not fresh are more than enough reasons to eat better) and great coffee like the one I had at Pacific Coffee recently.

On my Take It Once, Not Again Until Someone Richer Treats Me list is Freezy Freezy. Ever since Lecka Lecka reduced its retail presence, I have lusted for gelato. Real gelato. So when I saw this kiosk in Paradigm Mall, I had to have a go. And of course, to justify my blogger status and my promise of delivering as much a 360 degree taste experience, I had to try as many flavours as possible. So I did. Six. And my bill was close to RM70. Yup! On gelato. That's a McDonald's outing for a family of five!

It seems that most Netizens agree that it is a very expensive treat. Google Freezy Freezy and comments range from 'nothing special for the price' to 'very mahal'.

My verdict? It's great to be able to afford this regularly, because I really like gelato. But if I had the wherewithall to do it regularly, I would also expect it of myself that I would give more in the church collection bag, and also send more sundry items to the girls' home I support. Failing which, I would rather save the calories and build up my storehouse of blessings in heaven.

Doesn't look expensive, but it is. Beware! Note also the lack of pricing boards?
There are cheaper treats available at Paradigm!
Have to give it to them, however, that their gelato is in immaculate condition.
The flavours are pretty good too.
Would you pay RM70 for this selection? Three scoops in each cup. I say... NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment