Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cool comfort

When I despair about the state of our Malaysia F&B industry, I drown my sorrows in funny little combinations from Chatime and soak in the warmth of the Kwa family who own and operate the Chatime SS2 Mall kiosk.

Kit will nearly always have his inevitable Grass Jelly Milk Tea. I choose Pu Erh with pearls and aloe vera, as well as a Strawberry Yogurt with rainbow jelly, just for the color contrast in the photos!

The Grass Jelly Milk Tea is a top seller for good reason: it really is delish - full bodied, creamy, with the best grass jelly to be had anywhere. The Pu Erh was a tad too strong (and dare I add, too Oriental) for my tastes. The fact that I asked for the least amont of sugar also made it a tad more like medicine than chill out drink!

The Strawberry Yogurt was pretty good: fruity, a little tart, but creamy. The rainbow jelly made a a good counterpoint to the sharpness of the drink too.

No comments:

Post a Comment