Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feasts and friends


Chef Chew saved his finest bird for me!
Kit carving the Christmas turkey.
I was not sure if I’d be able to walk much at Christmas, after some intense physio, but because Chef Chew was now with Armada, I simply had to order a Christmas turkey from him. He makes the best turkey ever. I’ve always found turkey to be overly lean and too dry for my taste, but chef has this secret method where he pops the bird out of the oven half way and gives it a cold bath before it goes back into the oven. It results in an amazingly plump gobbler.
String bean and lemon casserole from Nigella Lawson's Feast.


My very own Root Bake - yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes and spring onions in maple syrup and paprika.
So while Kit prepped the young beans for the bean and lemon casserole courtesy of Nigella Lawson, I went to take delivery of the Christmas bird. I also got a lovely cake, Christmas cookies, mash and sprouts, cranberry sauce and, on the kind compliments of Armada General Manager Hoon Tai Chee, a bottle of excellent red wine.

Sharon Tan brought chocolate and strawberry mousse tarts.
So laden (it took two of the staff to carry down my treasures), it was off to place the bounty on my festive table. Along with my family (Pops, Nana, brother Chris, sis in law monica, nephews Dylan and Aiden), there were also the people who are as close as different surnames could bring them to being part of my family. Hence, Evelyn Chung (my wise old tiger), Sharon Tan (no relation, but tied at heart), Sharon Lee were also at my dinner.
What a blessing it was to have such bounty to share! God bless us all!

Emilio and Sergio licked up the turkey gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment