Monday, January 3, 2011

Brown bag breakfast

Hotcakes and global warning.

I rarely take away fast food because it gets vile pretty fast! Heat hides a myriad of faults, and when it leaves, it takes away all pretence of wholesomeness – leaving cheese a yellow plastic, and patties a tacky pat of offal.

However, I was pleased, when I took away breakfast to assuage early morning cravings after Mass (I’m sorry Jesus, I WILL learn to depend only on You to fill me up, but I am a long work in progress), to find that McDonalds now provides big brown bags for their take aways! Yes, no more plastic! Less condensation to muck up soggy food! Less environmental waste! Hurray!
The fillet o' fish needs to go back to a paper wrapping!

Ditch the styro Ronald!
Do two little hotcakes need so much packaging?
But how come the fillet o’ fish has been promoted to a box from its original paper wrap? And can’t the hotcakes go into paper boxes instead of Styrofoam, ditto the Big Breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment