Friday, September 2, 2011

Once More At Cha


Although I am in the midst of an austerity drive (think KFC instead of TGIF, Sushi King instead of a standalone Japanese restaurant), I am more willing to give up the food pleasures than this particular drink. Well, maybe I can give up the drinks, but it will make me feel as if I am giving up on the Kua family. 

Yes, it’s the Chatime kiosk in SSTwo Mall again! Like Cheers, I go there because everybody knows my name. They can’t draw me ‘my usual’ because I am drinking my way through the product line. Yet, each time, I come away heartened by the hard work and the chance that Mr Kwa is taking to ensure his kids have something to call their own. 

Aside from great drinks, I also get good conversation, and I like finding out how things are done in some aspects of the retail business. 

This foray’s trio was the ever-present Grass Jelly Milk Tea, the Caramel Latte Coffee with pudding and Tiguan Yin Latte with pearls. You know by now, of course, that the first one always gets a thumbs up. The coffee was a bit too robust, although the pudding helped. It’s a great drink when you need a caffeine jolt, but not if you want a leisurely slow-build to perk you up. 

The Tiguan Yin is a classy little drink, very smooth and polished, with a nice fragrance. It’s something you order your mum-in-law (perhaps without the pearls as they may be a bit hard to handle with her dentures!), but not a happy-happy-joy-joy kind of drink. It feels a bit too prim and proper for me, even though it is really a good cuppa. 

It sometimes feels like a waste not to really get into what we’ve ordered, but in this way at least I can narrow it down to what I really like!

1 comment:

  1. I tried Chatime at SS2 Mall last weekend. I went for their 50% sugar option and the drink was sooo sweet. I was wondering if they meant 50% MORE sugar coz I cannot imagine having a drink that contains double the amount of sugar than the one I took.. yikes!

    ReplyDelete